SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ Years Sales and Marketing Related Work Experience
- 2 Years of Professional Sales Experience
- Effective Public Speaker/Presenter
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experienced Account Manager
- 4 Years Experience in Social Media Marketing
- Six Sigma White Belt
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and Graphic Design Software
Winston-Salem State University AACSB Accredited
Bachelor of Science in Marketing – December 2010
- Cum Laude Graduate
- Honors Program Student
- Fall 2010 Top Specialist Graduating Senior in Marketing
Altria Group Distribution Company Morehead City, NC Feb. 2011 – Present
Territory Sales Manager
- Manage sales of portfolio brands in 120 retail accounts generating approximately $20M in annual revenue.
- Establish consultative relationship with retail and wholesale customers to grow tobacco category business.
- Developed strategic plans that grew territory volume 3% and annual revenue 4% over the course of one year.
- Effectively sell and implement retail trade programs and consumer promotions
- Responsible for ensuring accurate invoicing and payment of accounts within territory
Best Buy Stores Inc. Winston-Salem, NC Nov. 2009 – Jan. 2011
Wireless Sales Consultant
- Assisted customers with wireless needs including new contracts, upgrades, pre-paid phones, and accessories
- Created a positive shopping experience by providing friendly service and expert product knowledge
- Maintained high standards through achieving store and district sales goals and customer satisfaction standards
North Carolina State University Raleigh, NC May 2008 – Aug. 2008
Summer Intern-Center for Integrated Fungal Research
- Conducted research pertaining to fungal pathogens and their genetic connection to pathogenecity.
- Contributed to the existing knowledge base of background research
- Productively collaborated with a diverse team of peers and supervisors to accomplish established goals.
Uplift Media Network LLC. Winston-Salem, NC Dec. 2007 – Jan. 2010
Vice President, Marketing and Media Sales
- Collaborated with functional leadership and executive team to define corporate growth strategies
- Directed market research and competitive analysis projects during operational planning phase.
- Developed and managed implementation of the company’s marketing, digital/social media and ad sales infrastructure.
- Lead team of Directors in aligning functional operations with long term growth strategies.
PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- AGDC Southeast Region Advisory Committee 2012 – Present
- New Hire Peer Trainer/Mentor 2012 – Present
- Winston-Salem State University Talent Acquisition Team 2011 – Present
- District Leadership Workshop Participant – 2011
- District Microsoft Office Suite Training Support Team – 2011
UNDERGRADUATE LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges – 2010 Honoree
- Pi Sigma Epsilon National Fraternity in Sales, Marketing, and Management Inc. – Zeta Lambda Chapter • President and Founder 2009 – 2010
- Chapter Charter Member
- President Emeritus and Alumni Advisor 2010 – Present
- NAACP WSSU Collegiate Chapter
- First Vice President 2008 – 2009
- Chair – Marketing and promotions committee 2007 – 2008
- Chair – Gospel Explosion Planning committee 2007 – 2008
- Mr. NAACP 2007 – 2008
- National Black MBA Association – WSSU Undergraduate Chapter
- Vice President of Marketing and Communications 2008 – 2009
- 7th Annual North Carolina State University Undergraduate Summer Research Symposium Raleigh, NC
- Presented results of research completed during a 10 week summer program.